Thursday, June 11, 2015

Event Photography Flash vs. Video

Well, I just had a member of the conference that I am shooting tell me she has a medical condition and the flashes I am using are causing her to feel ill. 

Oddly, I just spent almost $500 on external battery packs, diffusers and stands (plus accessories) so that I could make some killer light from a nasty lit conference room.

Luckily,  I had an idea of shooting video also. I had hoped to upsell the client, or at very least, have a portfolio piece to get work doing videography for conferences.

I was stressed because I wasn't going to be able to do both.  I got myself in too deep.  I am always trying to learn a new technique and master new equipment. Sometimes I give myself too many things to do.

Sooooo... down come the new lights and now I get to focus on video! 

This is exciting. 

I turned lemons into a margarita! 

Well... we'll see, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment