Thursday, August 13, 2015

SF Chronicle Day 02

This week I will be shadowing other seasoned veterans.

Yesterday I was privileged to follow Michael Macor around.  Michael has been with the Chronicle for 22 years.  He got his start printing contact sheets and making enlargements of selects.  He dropped out of school after a few years of  of Jr. College and just started knocking on doors.  After a while his editors let him shoot weekends and evenings and shortly thereafter they realized he was a their best photographer.

I followed Macor to a Cal Berkeley football practice.  He shot with the monster 400mm f/2.8 with an extender and i shot with my little 70-200mm.

After, we went to cover a police involved shooting in Oakland.

Today I will follow Scott Strazzante.

No comments:

Post a Comment