Tuesday, August 18, 2015

SF Chronicle Day 07

On Sunday morning I met veteran photographer Brant Ward.  He had just come back from shooting the swim from Alcatraz.  It was fun and educational talking to him about his shooting process and his workflow.
Instead of using a 70 - 200mm he prefers to use a 135mm prime with a 1.4x teleconverter.  I had never even thought of that!
After watching him file his photos we just talked a bit and it turns out his son went to UCSC and is a musician. 
We watched a few videos that his son's band, Bear Lincoln, made.  It made me feel old because when I was playing music the promotional tool we used was a demo (cassette,  that is).
After talking, Brant suggested that if i had no assignments I could walk around and try to get a weather photo.  Sunday we had record breaking heat and if a day is a particularly slow news day, sometimes papers need to fill a hole and will use weather realted photos.
It was a lot of fun walking aroumd and talking to people about the weather and how they were dealing with it.  I got a lot of fun street stuff.  We will see if they had a hole big enough hole.

Here are the photos I selected:







No comments:

Post a Comment